Tuesday 7 December 2010

Who is the Khalsa?

jb lg Kwlsw rhy inAwrw ]
qb lg qyj dIau mYN swrw ]
jb ieh ghY ibprn kI rIq ]
mYN nw kroN ien kI pRqIq ]

Jab lag Khalsa rahe niara.
tab lag tej dio mai sara.
jab eh gahe bipran ki reet.
mai na karo in ki parteet.

So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity,
I will give him my entire radiance and strength.
But if he should take on a non-Sikh way of life,
then I shall have no confidence in him and withdraw my support and protection.


(Guru Gobind Singh, Sarb Loh Granth)


jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]
isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

If you desire to play the game of love,
then bring me your head on the palm of your hand,
Having stepped on this path,
give your head and pay no heed to public attention

(Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji - Ang 1410) .


Guru Gobind Singh says,

“I love Sikh but for his acceptance of my discipline.”


We
recite daily in Ardas:

Raj karega khalsa Aki rahe na koe,

khuar hoe sabh milainge bache sharan jo hoe


Only the Khalsa (Pure) shall rule.
Those who disobey shall perish and suffer.
As a result of sufferings, they shall return to the pure faith.



No comments: